Yesterday was the anniversary for Hurricane/Superstorm Sandy. A year and $65Billion later, it is one of the greatest climate disasters of all time. It also showed the potential and shortfall of distributed solar generation. Many owners were surprised that solar on their roofs could not provide off-grid energy but an opportunity was born. The marriage of DG Baseload like CHP or energy storage with solar presents the opportunity of the next decade, microgrids and reduction of utility dependencies.
- Bloomberg: Solar Rebound Beating Dot-Com Recovery as Demand Surges
- Greentech Media: Transforming Rooftop Solar From Threat to Predictable Resource
- CleanTechnica: Happy Halloween! (Solar Infographic)
- Forbes: The Rise Of A Giant Solar Power Plant In California’s Central Plain
- RE World: NRDC Launches Solar Schools Crowdfunding Campaign
- GigaOm: Apple files patent for slim solar-powered technology
- Solar Industry: Is There Room For Utility-Scale Solar In Ontario’s New Plan?
- Solar Power World: Solar Power World Honors Top Contractors At Chicago Gala
Have a great day!