This is your SolarWakeup for August 1st, 2014
EIA drops some chartastic data on us today. Non-hydro energy production is overtaking hydro. A testament to the renewable energy production increase and the hurdles that the southwest has had with recent droughts. Moreover, many EIA datasets do not include distributed generation. Just wait to see how this replicates in hydro dominated markets around the world….
- EIA: Nonhydro renewables now routinely surpass hydropower generation
- Mass Live: Massachusetts House lifts cap on solar projects
- GTM: Proof That a $10 Minimum Bill Is Better Than a Fixed Charge
- Solar Industry: N.Y. Creates Database Of 10K Solar Projects
- CleanTechnica: Solar May Become Cheaper Than Wind In 5 Years
- Bloomberg: Brazil Development Bank to Allow Solar Imports Until 2020
- RenewEconomy: US solar giant quits Australia due to policy uncertainty
- Forbes: Arizona Utility To Pay Consumers For Rooftop Space For Solar
Have a great day!