This is your SolarWakeup for September 2nd, 2014
I am a big fan of the IHS Research data in today’s post in CleanTechnica. There is not going to be a shortage of panels. There probably will not even be a jump in pricing. Pricing (globally) will stabilize as manufacturers stop selling panels at little to no margins. Much of the US market is shielded from this anyways at this point. At least, I have not encountered any US based projects buying panels at sub-$0.60/watt pricing.
- Salt Late Tribune: Utah commission rejects proposed fee for solar homes
- CleanTechnica: No Solar Panel Supply Shortage Coming
- PV Magazine: Arizona, Hawaii lead the U.S. in per-capita solar
- Yahoo: Florida power utilities fear return of ‘Green Governor’ Crist
- PV-Tech: LDK Solar founder and chairman steps down
- Scientific American: Solar Becomes a ‘Default’ Generation Resource
- CleanTechnica: China Could Reach 100 GW Of PV Capacity By 2018
- Motley Fool: Corporate America Is Betting Big on Solar Energy
Have a great day!