This is your SolarWakeup for April 16th, 2014
As we count down the top 5 policy tricks being used by anti-solar groups, we continue with #2: Get rid of net metering, for something that’s better (Pinky Promise?). It can come in many shapes and sizes but in almost every case two things will be true. 1. The utility will want the production to come to the grid and 2. The utility will own the hedge against future electricity rate hikes. If you want to see all 5 anti-solar policy tricks, read the SolarWakeup original article.
- GTM: If ‘Value of Solar’ Is Optional, Will Minnesota Utilities Adopt It?
- RE World: Solar Professionals now eligible for RISE Certification
- CNBC: Has solar power’s day in the sun arrived?
- CNN: Meet the pilots behind the sun-powered plane that can ‘fly forever’
- GTM: EU Drops China Module Price Floor, Plus Chinese DG and Turkey PV
- FOX 13: Power company hopes to impose new charge on homes with solar
- News OK: Oklahoma House passes solar surcharge bill
- CleanTechnica: APS Taxes, Arizona Solar Installations Drop
Have a great day! Yann