This is your SolarWakeup for November 24th, 2014
It’s fun to watch solar at work. Last week at the Infocast conference you watch the panelists speaking kindly to each other but throwing hidden darts at the same time. Loans or leases, yieldcos or securitizations, david versus goliath (for the utility panel). Now Walmart goes out and gives a contract to SunEdison and SolarCity. That should be fun to watch.
- Utilitydive: Walmart inks solar contracts with SolarCity, SunEdison
- Bloomberg: U.S. Rejects Proposal for Solar Project in California Desert
- PV magazine: U.S. installs only 31 MW of utility-scale solar in October
- Forbes: Solar Ran A $40 Billion Surplus In 2013: Here’s What It Means
- Cleantechnica: Keystone, Schmeystone: US Marines Want More Portable Solar Power To Fight The War Of The Future
- Solarlove: US Could Generate 100 Times Its Electricity From Solar Power
- Newsobserver: Solar power backers: Leave friendly NC laws alone
- Fool: Media Reports Another Solar Company Bailout, But They’re Wrong
Have a great day!