This is your SolarWakeup for October 30th, 2014
China is moving in on Russian solar while at the same time Sunedison’s Terraform is going shopping. Not part of the rundown but in separate news sources, TERP financed and acquired new projects from other funds. The entry to solar in used to be “We want to own and hold” but holding solar assets has become so competitive that owning may have become the new solar commodity.
- Clean Technica: US Solar Now 59% Cheaper Than Analysts Predicted Back In 2010
- RT: China expected to invest $1bn in Russian solar energy
- Think Progress: Florida Residents Rally Against Rick Scott’s Solar-Killing Policies
- PV Magazine: Alevo sets up gigfab in US, expands storage operations in China
- PV Solar Report: How to Reach and Acquire Residential Solar Customers
- Solar Industry Mag: The Search For Solar Cost Reduction Turns To Racking And Mounting
- Bloomberg: While You Were Getting Worked Up Over Oil Prices, This Just Happened to Solar
- Renewable Energy World: Part 2: SPI 2014 Solar Event Marketing Hits and Misses
Have a great day!