This is your SolarWakeup for September 19th, 2014
We published the Vivint IPO numbers you need to know a few weeks ago. Today we have the number you WANT to know about the Vivint Solar IPO. With 129MW of solar through the first half of 2014, the IPO is trying to value VSLR at 1.9 BILLION dollars. That’s a whopping $14.70/watt of contracted solar. Of course that doesn’t take into account growth and upside, but you get the point. Blackstone also retains 75% of the company once public!
- Breaking Energy: Solar Power Making Big Competitive Gains, New Studies Show
- Pv-Magazine: U.S. installed solar PV costs continue to fall
- USA Today: White House unveils new solar, energy efficiency steps
- Reuters: UPDATE 2-Blackstone-backed Vivint Solar IPO to raise up to $371 mln
- CNN: A brighter future: five ideas that will change solar energy
- Think Progress: Putting Solar On Schools Could Dramatically Increase America’s Solar Capacity
- Midwest Energy News: Amid energy law freeze, Ohio solar market stalls
- Bloomberg: Why a Chinese Firm’s Solar-Panel Factory in Arizona Failed
Have a great day!