This is your SolarWakeup for December 18th, 2014
The reaction to the tariff expansion from the industry is as expected. If there is a winner that I can think of at first glance it is the NAFTA Countries. Surely some of the manufacturers will move assets to the region to use the agreements to add new capacity to the US marketplace. I think regardless of recent events, those that have been trying to be the provider of last resort will fail to become the provider of only resort.
- PV Magazine: US-China trade dispute: ‘A negotiated settlement is as far away as ever’
- Greentech Media: New Tariffs on Chinese Solar-Panel Makers Split the US Solar Industry
- NY Times: China Criticizes Steep U.S. Tariffs on Solar Panels
- Forbes: How A Simple EMP Attack Could Destroy America’s Power Grid
- Washington Post: SolarCity hires former Obama strategist to ignite a grass-roots movement for solar energy
- RE World: Buffett Testing Smart Grid Technology for Home Energy Management
- PV Solar Report: Solar Permitting Guidebook Promotes California Solar Adoption
- Biz Journals: Southern Power to develop new solar project in Georgia
- Forbes:American Government Decides To Make All Americans Poorer With Solar Tariffs On China And Taiwan
Have a great day!