This is your SolarWakeup for March 10th, 2014
More good news for solar innovation. Solarbridge, the manufacturer of microinverters, raised $42mm in new financing. The interesting market impact is that Constellation ventures was a major part of the funding. Utility companies are shifting from being against solar all of the time to understanding the opportunities in the market. Don’t mistake utility holding company actions for those of regulated entities however.
- CleanTechnica: US Could Have 129 GW Of Commercial Solar By 2018
- SolarPowerWorld: SolarBridge Secures $42 Million To Support Expansion
- GTM: How Solar Breaks Traditional Planning on the Distribution Grid
- Gigaom: Solar & crowdfunding are getting cozier every day
- NY Times: Default Signals Growing Maturity of China’s Bond Market
- China Post: China’s solar sector bounces back
- KARE: Solar power demand outstripping MN subsidy program
- Glenna Wiseman: PV Operations & Maintenance versus Asset Management
- Michael Liebreich: Shift to Clean Energy is Being Held Back By Regulation
Have a great day!