This is your SolarWakeup for February 10th, 2014
The tale of two Dukes, with the current CEO of Duke Energy making headlines this week. Just a week after the former CEO of Duke, Jim Rogers, came into the news by wanting to be in the rooftop solar business, current CEO, Lynn Good, sited solar in their portfolio. The truth behind the current Duke Energy business is that they are trying to kill solar net metering and their investment has been paltry. The solar industry sees through the largest utility’s talking points.
- CleanTechnica: New Ad Reveals Duke’s Monopoly Protection Plan
- EcoReports: Solar Module Yield Measurements Get Better Every Year
- CleanTechnica: Solar Leasing vs $0-Down Loan — Scenarios In 10 States
- GTM: Why Is EnerNOC Funding a Solar Software Startup?
- Forbes: IKEA’s Aggressive Approach To Sustainability Creates Opportunities
- RE World: The Right Risk Partner Makes the Difference in Renewable Energy
- CT News: Solar panels a hazard for firefighters
- Indiana Public: Duke Investing In Solar As Part Of Legal Settlement
Have a great day!