The big story of the day is the securitized private placement by SolarCity. The $54.4million placement probably represents one of the early batches of projects at SCTY. Lots of variables here but unknown at this point is the credit rating, and if it was higher than the Mid American or NextEra bonds for their solar farms. Creating a viable exit plan for solar portfolios will definitely help. Uniform credit profiles and documentation will be key for future developers!
- Greentech Media: SolarCity Introduces Securitization to Distributed PV
- TownHall: Solar Industry Takes on Crony Capitalism in Arizona
- Quartz: Google and Microsoft’s newest rivalry: renewable energy
- Greentech Media: Capacity Markets: the Next Frontier for Renewables?
- SolarServer: Tier-one solar PV makers to report record shipments in Q3 2013
- Florida Trend: Slow PACE for energy efficiency retrofits
- Denver Post: Not all solar installations are created equal
- Forbes: Why Are Solar Panels So Inefficient?
Have a great day!