As the world’s largest solar farm gets commissioned, it may be the beginning of the shift of power from utility scale to distributed power. The conversation is shifting to new financial models (see post from EDF) and technical costs of integrating the energy into the grid. Balance of system cost efficiencies and customer acquisition fees will be the drivers behind making the new financing models successful.
- EDF: CT Uses PACE to Accelerate Commercial Solar, CA Expected to Follow
- Globe Street: Solar Rooftop Program Helps Low-Income Areas
- RE World: How Solar Is Cutting Grid Costs
- GTM: A Snapshot of the Feeder-by-Feeder Solar Challenge in the US
- RE World: Too Conservative? EIA Projects Renewables to be 16-27 Percent
- Forbes: Behold The World’s Largest Solar-Panel Power Plant — In Arizona
- CleanTechnica: Solar Cooperatives Growing
- GTM: 3 Solar Integration Questions Utility Executives Must Confront
Have a great day!