Solar farms to supply the grid, solar on your house to supply your usage at home and on your business for when you are at work. Now use that energy for your electric car (a Tesla perhaps?) but now put solar on your electric car! That is exactly what Ford is going to do and unveil at the CES show next year. As a business point, I drive a volt and have a US Bank operating lease (they took the $7,500 tax credit) for the car. Maybe solar on a car will present a lease opportunity for residential lease providers? Any lawyers want to opine on the ITC for solar cars?
- CNN Money: Ford to debut solar car
- Greentech Media: Better Racking Drives Down Solar’s Soft Costs
- Forbes: US Solar Manufacturer Says Chinese Companies Evading Import Tariffs
- Solar Industry: Public Attitudes Toward Solar Have Rebounded
- Forbes: A US Solar Maker Makes a Rare Move Setting Up Factory in China
- RE World: The Pros Pick Four Solar Stocks for 2014
- PV-Tech: Yingli forms JV with Chinese state-owned coal mining company
- Red, Green and Blue: Good Riddance, Max Baucus, You Anti-Solar Tool!
- Greentech Media: Ford and SunPower About to Make the Grid Irrelevant for EVs?
Have a great day!