A day after the USA Today piece on DOE loan guarantees, comes a great look at the man behind the Obama administration loan guarantees. Fortune writer, Dan Primack, interviews Jonathan Silver who led the loan guarantee program for several years. I agree with Mr. Silver, that energy, especially solar, has problems attracting venture capital for new ideas that do not involve technology. Also of interest is the continued theme on MLPs and REITs.
- Fortune: Ex-head of clean energy loan program breaks silence
- Reuters: Premier Li says solar trade dispute touches China’s major interests
- Greentech Media: How to Settle the US-China Solar War
- Greentech Media: Why Chinese Solar Inverters Are Half the Cost of American
- Denver Post: The South finds the solar energy, but it looks to be waning in Colorado
- Philly Inquirer: Yes to solar, but not on farmland
- Business Week: U.S. Approves 520 Megawatts of Solar Energy Projects
- HuffPost: Obama Should Lift U.S. Solar Tariffs During His China Meeting
- Solar Power World: Why Haven’t Americans Embraced Solar?
Have a great day!